Queen Anne, Seattle, WA 98119 | 206-383-7671
I am seeking the opportunity to apply my web development skills to help a team of developers succeed in building excellent modern websites and applications using the smartest mix of tools and techniques and a commitment to quality, customer satisfaction, and great finished product.
Summary of Qualifications
- Proven skills and experience to translate a client’s vision into a working website.
- Strong verbal and written skills to communication clearly with technical and non-technical people alike.
- Excellent organization, time, multi-tasking, and project management skills.
- Thrives in a challenging, fast-moving, team-oriented, and collaborative environment.
- Generalist with customer service, marketing, and technical writing experience.
- Visual Design/Prototyping Tools: Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Tools/Skills: VSC, Atom, Git, GitHub, Sass, Babel, Grunt, Gulp, Hand-Coded Markup to Bootstrap, UX/UI, Flexbox/Grid RWD CSS Layouts, SEO, Accessibility, Analytics, Dev Tools/Debugging, Code/X-Browser testing.
- Development Approaches: LAMP, Node.js, npm, WordPress and Drupal CMS; experience with React and JSX.
Freelance Web Design and Development June 2008 – Present
Laura Sammons Web Design and Development Seattle, WA
Freelance web business focused on creating websites tailored to needs of small-business clients.
- Websites custom built using easy-to-manage content management systems: WordPress and SquareSpace.
Web Developer November 2013 – April 2016
The Permanente Medical Group Regional Laboratory Berkeley, CA
Kaiser Permanente is an integrated managed care consortium; the TPMG Regional Lab is the San Francisco Bay Area’s specimen testing laboratory supporting the region’s doctors, medical centers, and patients.
- Created, maintained, updated pages on “LabLink” intranet website and related software applications: a custom PHP/MySQL-based portal for sharing laboratory assay information with tools and resources for clients to gather and share information. Pages included dynamically updated reports and static pages.
- Responsible for keeping track of and adhering to project schedules and delivery dates; consistently promoted code on time and to spec through the various stages of development.
- Tested and debugged web sites, following quality assurance procedures and best practices.
- Worked on team of developers to create and deliver custom applications for internal clients, participated and collaborated remotely from Seattle using WebEx, phone, and email; team used Agile Methodology.
- Wrote and distributed technical and functional specification documents for LabLink web sites and applications; created UML diagrams mapping database design and connections to apps.
- Used version control workflow for all development and production code (Apache Subversion).
Programming Tutor August – September 2015
Code Fellows, LLC Seattle, WA
- Responsible for coding mentorship of 12 students enrolled in beginner’s programming course.
- Assisted students one-on-one, helped with troubleshooting, code reviews, feedback and assignment grading.
Front-End Web Developer May 2013 – June 2013
Global Wine Company Inc San Rafael, CA
A wine club fulfillment service providing fine wine curation and eCommerce wine websites for outside clients.
Front-End Web Developer October 2011 – December 2012
Swedish Medical Center Foundation Seattle, WA
The Swedish Foundation is the charitable foundation arm of the largest nonprofit hospital in the Pacific Northwest, focused on community health, primary treatment, and research.
- Developed new pages and content for four customer-facing Drupal websites and served as content expert integrating new features, functions, and content delivery strategies. Implemented design and code updates for the ASP.NET-integrated back-end event/donation pages (BlackBaud Net Community: BBNC).
- Wrote and fielded Request For Proposal for new ASP.NET donation website, project managed through launch.
- Created monthly Google Analytics report, resulting in improvements that increased overall performance of promotions and donations.
- Enrolled and was awarded Google Grant for Non-Profit Organizations, launched and managed 20+ Google AdWord campaigns sending an average of 10% new visitor traffic to all web sites over 8 month period.
Digital Marketing and Promotions April 2007 – October 2008
Sarathan Records Seattle, WA
Sarathan is an independent record label which represents, promotes, and distributes the music of indie bands.
- Created Google AdWords campaigns for label artist promotions, improving click-through rates by 38% overall.
- Established affiliate marketing sales agreements for label artists with digital distribution companies.
- Analyzed affiliate sales results and increased the expansion of digital revenue streams.
- Created and developed artist promotion marketing strategies for social networking, bloggers, podcasters.
Marketing Research Coordinator/Customer Service Manager January 1997 – January 2000
Amazon.com Seattle, WA
- Managed in-house user experience/user interface testing: conducted 23 user groups a month with average of 10 participants per session. Created and fielded primary research email surveys, a benchmark customer sentiment survey, and competitive analysis marketing reports. Wrote and distributed all summaries.
- Front-line customer service representative, promoted to manager. As manager, maintained and improved performance of 30+ customer service representatives. Part of department’s continuous improvement in quality during tenure as manager, creating new ways to handle service for growing customer volume.
- W3C Conference for Web Professionals, San Francisco, CA 2013
- Seattle Central College, Web Development and Design Certificates, Seattle, WA 2008 – 2012
- St. John’s College, Bachelor of Arts, Liberal Arts, Santa Fe, NM 1993